Europcar Car Hire in Australia
Europcar make car, van and truck hire easy with more than 120 branches across Australia and a modern rental fleet designed to meet every renter's budget and need.
Founded in France in 1949, Europcar has grown to become one of the world's most popular rental brands providing a diverse range of rental vehicles for both the business and leisure markets. It's little surprise that Europcar's top rental locations are dominated by airports, including Adelaide Airport, Brisbane Airport, Melbourne Airport, Perth Airport and Sydney Airport. No matter where you are or what your rental requirements may be, Europcar's extensive rental network ensures you'll find a branch conveniently located whether you are travelling on business or pleasure.
The Europcar rental fleet supports Compact and Economy sized vehicles, Intermediate and Family sized sedans and wagons, SUVs, 8 seater Passenger vans or People Movers, 4 Wheel Drives, luxury cars and commercial vehicles. Europcar rigorously maintain this rental fleet, with ongoing vehicle renewal to ensure you drive the latest available models with the latest safety and comfort features.
- Compact and Economy Class - low cost small car hire from Europcar typically includes 5 door vehicles such as Toyota's Yaris, the Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent and Suzuki Swift, with both manual and automatic transmission being available.
- Intermediate, Standard and Full sized - Europcar offer a wide selection in their Intermediate class of vehicle with the VW Golf, Corolla, Hyundai's i30, Peugeot 2008 and Kia Cerato all typically found. For Standard and Full or Family sized cars, Europcar utilise Mitsubishi's Lancer, a larger variant of the Kia Cerato, the Ubiquitous Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata, all equipped with automatic transmission.
- Europcar's 4 Wheel Drive and SUV rental group is rapidly becoming their largest reflecting the increased popularity of this type of vehicle. Typically found are Mitsubishi's Outlander AWD, Eclipse Cross, and Pajero 4x4; the Nissan X-TRAIL in both 2WD and 4WD formats; Holden Equinox and Trailblazer 4WD; Subaru Forester (with bike rack option); the Renault Koleos; Toyota Rav4 and Prado 4WD and Kluger (with 7 seater option)
- Passenger vans and People Movers when it comes to 7 seater rental options Europcar offers the Kia Sorento, Isuzu MU-X, Holden Acadia and Toyota Kluger. The Kia Carnival and Mercedes Valente van provide 8 seater rental options and for those looking to move a small crowd there's the Toyota Commuter 12 seater van rental.
- Europcar Luxury car rentals come with a range of BMW and Mercedes SUV, Convertible, Hatch and Sedan vehicles
As a long standing partner of GreenFleet, a Non-profit environmental organisation, Europcar have planted over 150000 native Australian trees to help offset the carbon emissions of their rental fleet. Customers can make a donation to GreenFleet each time they hire a Europcar vehicle.
Please note that this guide should be read as indicative of the make and model that Europcar offer in each Vehicle Class. Whilst every effort is made by Europcar to match your booking request against the vehicle of your choice, with the exception of the Selection Class, Europcar does not guarantee a specific make or model and actual vehicles offered in each Europcar Car Rental Class may differ by location.
Frequently asked Questions from our Europcar Customers
How old must I be to hire a car from Europcar in Australia?
21. Drivers aged 21-25 inclusive will be charged a Young Driver Surcharge fee and may be restricted upon the vehicle category that can be hired.
What Driving License will Europcar accept?
A full unrestricted driving license in Latin (Roman) characters and held for a minimum of 1 year. Driving licenses written in other character sets must be supported by an International Driving Permit (IDP) or certified English translation. Your Driving license must be presented when collecting the vehicle.
Can others drive my rental vehicle?
Yes. Additional drivers can be added to the rental agreement and must present their licenses on vehicle collection.
What payment is taken when picking up my Europcar rental?
On collecting your vehicle you will be required to leave a deposit. This will be blocked, not debited, on your payment card. The cost of the rental will also be authorised on your card at this time. The total amount authorised on your card will be the rental price + $100 bond for credit cards or $400 bond for accepted debit cards. Subject to no deductions the bonds are released 5 working days after rental return.
Why is the vehicle I pick up not the exact make or model I booked?
Europcar vehicles are booked by category group. Europcar only guarantee the category booked not the make or model as fleets may vary between branches. The only exact model that is confirmed when booking is with the Selection car category.
Can animals be transported in Europcar vehicles?
Yes. Pets and domestic animals. Transportation of any other animals requires written authorisation from the Europcar branch you are hiring the vehicle from.
Can I hire a child seat from Europcar?
Yes. Rear and forward facing child seats are available. These need to be booked in advanced. This is especially important during peak periods.
Do I need to refuel my vehicle before drop off?
Yes, unless you elect to take the prepaid Europcar Full Tank Option. If refuelling yourself retain the receipt as Europcar may require this as proof of purchase.
How do I pay for Road Tolls when renting a car from Europcar?
Europcar have partnered with Linkt for all toll payments. Linkt will charge the credit card you provide Europcar for any tolls incurred plus a $3.30 service fee for each day a toll road is used. Alternatively you can use your own personal etag with your Europcar rental car.
What happens if I incur a traffic infringement during my rental period?
The main driver listed on the rental agreement is liable for all traffic infringements whilst in possession of an Europcar rental. Europcar will charge a fine administration fee for the management of each infringement notice received.
What happens if I am late returning my Europcar rental?
Europcar allow a grace period of 29 minutes beyond which they may charge an additional day's rental based on the vehicle's standard daily rate.
What is the Excess/Damage Liability Fee?
The Damage Liability fee is the amount you will have to pay Europcar in th event of an accident or damage to a vehicle whilst hired out to you. This liability can be reduced by paying a daily fee to Europcar or by renters taking out 3rd party insurance.
What insurance cover comes with a Europcar rental vehicle?
Third Party Liability cover for personal injury comes as standard and is included within your rental charges. If the vehicle is damaged, stolen or there is third party loss, an amount up to the Excess/Damage Liability Fee will be charged for each separate event applicable to the vehicle category. If the final loss is determined to be below the Excess/Damage Liability Fee charged, the difference will be refunded.
Can I reduce my insurance liability with Europcar?
Yes. Europcar offer Premium and Medium Cover that reduces your liability in the event of damage or an accident. Third party insurance options are also available - these require you to claim back from the 3rd party insurer after the event any Damage Liability Fee payments made to Europcar following an accident or damage incident.
Does Europcar offer one-way car hire?
Yes. These may incur an one way fee depending upon branch location.
Can I drive a Europcar vehicle in Alpine Regions?
Not unless a Snow Pass has been purchased when picking up your vehicle. Driving above the snowline without a Pass invalidates all insurance cover and is a breach of Europcar's Rental Agreement.
Please note that this guide should be read as indicative of the make and model of vehicles provided by Europcar. Images are for illustration purposes only.
Europcar Car Hire Fleet
- 4 People
- 1 large & 1 small suitcase
Kia Rio - 5 Door
- 4 People
- 2 small suitcases
- 1.4 litre
VW Golf - 5 Door
- 5 People
- 2 large and 2 small suitcases
- 5 People
- 2 Medium and 2 Small suitcases
- 5 People
- 2 Medium and 2 Small suitcases
Europcar Popular Car Hire Locations