Welcome to Leeds, a city that’s got something for everyone! Leeds is a vibrant hub of art, culture, food, nightlife and entertainment that’s always got something great to look forward to.
You’ll never be left wondering what to do in this busy city, and hiring a car in Leeds is the perfect way to experience it all.
If you’re unsure where to get started, DriveNow makes it simple by comparing the latest offers from all the leading car rental suppliers in the United Kingdom. We charge no fees at all for our service, so you can concentrate on finding the best deal for you.
There are plenty of great reasons to book your Leeds car hire with us.
Why choose DriveNow?
- Free Service - DriveNow's booking service is free to use - with most of our rental partners you pay nothing until you collect your vehicle in Leeds.
- Price – It can be time consuming to search & compare all the different offers available on your own, so we take the hassle out of the booking process by doing that for you.
- With DriveNow, renting a car in Leeds is simple. We display the latest and lowest-priced deals from the major car rental suppliers so you can compare your options all from a single webpage.
- Convenience - As well as bringing all of the different deals together, we display every price with all taxes and levies (excluding optional extras and young driver surcharges) included.
You’ll get instant confirmation of your booking and you won’t need to give any
credit card details or make any deposits before you pick up your car.
- Trust – Renting a car in Leeds is simple with DriveNow. We have been helping drivers compare rentals since 2003, and we have strong partnerships with leading rental suppliers including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT.
- Service – We want you to have the smoothest booking experience possible. If you have any questions about hiring a car in Leeds or driving in the UK, we’ll be there to provide the information you need.
What to do in Leeds
Leeds is a mecca for art and culture, and some of the UK’s biggest events are staged here throughout the year.
Food plays a big role in the city’s distinctive culture, with the annual Leeds Food and Drink Festival a highlight of the local culinary scene. Whitelock’s is the oldest pub in the city and dates back to the ripe old age of 1715 – stop by here if you want a dose of history with your pint.
Pickles and Potter is your stop for a dizzying array of sandwich flavours and platters, while Hansa’s is a must for Gujarati vegetarian food. Adventurous eaters will find a visit to Anthony’s Restaurant in Call Lane well worth the trip, with plenty of daring ingredients on display.
Once you’ve eaten your share, head to The Carriageworks Theatre or the West Yorkshire Playhouse to catch local artists performing. The 02 Academy sees plenty of big-name musicians throughout the year, while Oporto, North Bar and Oracle are great for a night out on the town.
Trinity Leeds, the Victoria Quarter and the Leeds Corn Exchange are where you want to be for a shopping spree, while the beautiful Harewood House & Gardens (built in the 18th century) is perfect for those wanting to experience some history.
Last but not least, Leeds hosts one half of the famed Reading and Leeds music festivals that take place each year during the August bank holiday weekend. It’s the largest music festival in the north and always attracts huge headlining acts, with past names including Guns n’ Roses, Arcade Fire and Eminem.