Lucky Campervan Hire in Australia
Lucky Campervan Rentals are one of the fastest growing independent campervan brands in Australia.
Lucky's fleet of campervans are perfect for those travelling on a budget or backpacking and a great way to travel around Australia. With no age restrictions and no restrictions on P Platers, hiring a Lucky Campervan has proven to be increasingly popular with younger drivers. Branches are located in Cairns, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney giving plenty of itinerary options and one-way rentals are available.
All Vehicles are automatic making for an easier drive and custom fitted with purpose built interiors including cooking essentials and sleeping accommodation for 2,3 and 4 travellers.
View more details on each Lucky vehicle by selecting below or compare the fleet with our Lucky campervan comparison guide.
Frequently asked Questions on Lucky Campervan Rentals
How old do I need to be to hire a Lucky campervan?
What Driving License do I need to drive a Campervan?
A standard Car Driving license can be used to drive a Campervan or Motorhome in Australia. Your licence must be in English or accompanied by an International Drivers Permit.
Can I hire a Lucky Campervan on a Restricted Red or Green P Plate license?
Is bedding and linen included with Lucky?
No. However Bedding and linen can be added for an additional fee of $20. The bedding and linen pack includes queen duvet, queen sheet, 2 pillow cases, 2 towels and a tea towel.
Is there a fee for an additional driver with Lucky?
Yes. Additional drivers will be charged $1 per day, per driver.
What is the Outback Fee?
Lucky charge a $10 per day Outback fee for hirers of the Lucky Rookie and Roamer vehicles for travelling in certain areas of Australia. This fee needs to be paid at pick-up and travelling in areas deemed as Outback by Lucky without fee payment voids all insurance cover. Lucky have designed these restrictions so that most of the country and popular destinations can be reached without the fee being paid. Refer to the Lucky Outback Fee Map for further details.
Are there Minimal Rental periods with Lucky Campervans?
Yes, these vary depending upon the time of year. Over peak periods such as the Summer Months and Easter the minimal period will be longer.
How long should I allow when collecting my vehicle?
Allow 45-60 minutes to complete the documentation and be shown around your vehicle.
Does Lucky offer one-way rentals?
Yes. In most instances a one-way fee is charged.
Does the Lucky vehicle come with cookware?
Yes, pots and pans along with cutlery and crockery are included in the van rental.
Where are Lucky branches located?
- Cairns - 107 Bunda Street, Cairns - 8km and a 15 minute drive from Cairns Airport
- Brisbane - 771 Kingsford Smith Drive, Eagle Farm, Brisbane - 8km and a 10 minute drive from Brisbane Airport
- Melbourne - 1 Silicon Place, Tullamarine 5km and a 7 minute drive from Melbourne Airport
- Perth – 110 Francis Street, Northbridge, Perth – 17km and a 20 minute drive from Perth Airport International Terminal and 14km and 22 minutes from Perth’s Domestic Terminals
- Sydney - 25 Aylesbury Street, Botany, Sydney – 7km and a 12 minute drive from Sydney Airport International Terminal and 4km and 10 minutes from Sydney’s Domestic Terminals
Does Lucky require a bond to be paid?
Yes. A pre-authorisation charge will be applied to your nominated credit card and the amount will vary depending upon the insurance option you take out with Lucky. Funds to cover this pre-authorisation will need to be available on the card and will be released once the campervan is returned undamaged. It normally takes 1-2 weeks to be unfrozen. No transaction fees are applicable when funs are being released.
Do Lucky campervans come with automatic or manual transmission?
All Lucky Campervans are equipped with automatic transmission.
What credit cards does Lucky accept?
American Express, Mastercard and Visa are all accepted. Credit card processing fees are applicable, Amex being the most expensive.
Does Lucky charge extra fees?
There are some additional fees that may be applicable.
- Standard $25 cleaning fee. If a vehicle is returned in a state of unreasonable cleanliness an additional cleaning fee of $100 will be applied
- Any portable toilet that is not returned empty attracts a $100 cleaning fee
- Smoking within a vehicle incurs a $100 cleaning fee. All vehicles are non-smoking
- Vehicles collected from Perth attract a $10 premium location fee
- A $100 pick-up fee is applicable to vehicles collected and returned to Brisbane
- A $100 pick-up fee is applicable to vehicles collected and returned to Melbourne
All fees are as of January 2020. Whilst we make every effort to keep these details updated as they are managed by Lucky they are subject to change without notice.
Lucky Campervan Hire Fleet
- Double bed (1.90m x 1.30m)
- 1 burner gas cooker
- No Bathroom
- CD/Radio/iPod plug