The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, and telephone number;
- your credit card details;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide vehicle rental services to you;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or bio-metric information. We do not collect sensitive information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected from unauthorised use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. For financial or payment information, We use a Level 1 PCI DSS certified service provider to protect your credit card details and financial transactions. For more details on PCI DSS security visit www.pcisecuritystandards.org and learn more about our service provider's PCI certification at tnsi.com/product/pci-dss-certification.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We take data breaches seriously and will act in compliance with the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme established by the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017.
We will use our best endeavours to contain, assess and remedy actual and suspected data breaches as soon as possible and no later than 30 calendar days after the date of the actual or suspected data breach in accordance with our company data breach response policies and procedures.
Where your personal information held by us is lost or subjected to unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure or other misuse, and this is this is likely to result in serious harm to you or other individuals, we will take steps to remedy the risk of serious harm as quickly as possible. If we have not been able to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial action, we will notify you, other affected individuals, and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
DriveNow Pty Ltd ABN 43 254 745 542
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Last Updated: 27th November 2019