KEA Campers in Cairns
KEA Campers are one of Australia's youngest and most exciting motor home rental and campervan hire companies. Founded in 1995 on a credence of innovation and excellence, KEA today operate over 800 rental campervans across Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. In Queensland KEA have two locations, Brisbane and Cairns.
Cairns is ideally placed to explore Far North Queensland with Port Douglas, Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Rainforest to the north, the Great Barrier Reef at your doorstep and the great Australian Outback all close to hand. Cairns itself offers a thriving night life, shopping and international cuisine all making this one of Australia's truly unique holiday destinations.
In Cairns the KEA branch offers Internet Access, Luggage Storage facilities, Shower and Toilet, Tea and Coffee refreshments and local Tourist information. The local KEA Customer team are there to ensure that your holiday kicks off smoothly and picking up your rental vehicle is a quick and relaxed process. They'll show you around your rental vehicle, explain how everything works, and what to do in the unlikely event of something going wrong.
KEA have rental vehicles ideally suited for far North Queensland at their Cairns home, from the top of the range Deluxe 6 berth Motorhome through to the superbly versatile 2 berth Campervan. All KEA Vehicles are designed and built in-house to exacting specifications to ensure that the highest standards of innovation, quality and consistency are adhered to, so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands. Some of the innovations introduced by KEA in the Australian market have included larger beds, Flat screen LCD screens, DVD players, security-screen doors, safety deposit boxes and solar panels.
- Address: 419 Sheridan Street, Cairns, QLD, 4870
- Airport Distance: 4km
- City Distance: 3km
- Business Hours: May-Oct 7.30am-4.00pm, Nov-Apr 10am-4pm & Closed Sundays (closed Christmas, New Year and Australia Days)
If you require hotel accommodation in Cairns prior or after your road holiday, roomsnow.com.au, offers a wide selection of Cairns accommodation at discounted rates.
Local Holiday Parks
- BIG 4 - Coconut Caravan Resort corner Bruce Highway & Anderson Rd, Woree, Queensland (07 4054 6644)
- BIG 4 - Crystal Cascades Holiday Park Intake Road, Redlynch, Cairns, Queensland (07 4039 1036)
If you need to stock up before hitting the road the following supermarkets are close to the KEA Cairns branch and accept all major credit cards and Eftpos facilities. If your holiday involves travel into remote or even country Australia it is strongly advisable to be fully provisioned before you leave. The cost of some every day items does rise when shopping in the more remote parts of Australia.
- Coles - McLeod and Spencer Streets, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- Woolworths - 103 Abbott Street, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- National Australia Bank - McLeod and Spencer Streets, Cairns, Queensland (0.5km)
- Westpac - 63-65 Lake Street, Cairns, Queensland (0.4km)
Fuel prices in Australia do fluctuate depending up location, particularly in country areas. You will notice that prices change during the week and around popular holiday time such as Christmas and the Easter break.
Expect to pay more for fuel in remote locations. If you plan to travel in remote areas it is advisable to keep you fuel tanks topped up as frequently as is possible (the same principle applies to water supplies as well especially in remote areas).
- BP - L K Motors, Spence & Buchan Streets, Cairns Queensland (0.2km)
- Shell - Coles Express, Kenny and Draper Streets, Cairns Queensland (0.8km)