If you're looking to get away on a fantastic Italian beach holiday, the city of Rimini should be your first port-of-call. It's surrounded by the azure ocean and framed by a broad, long shimmering beach, but this isn't only a place to soak up some rays and make a splash - though it is awesome for such activities! Rimini is a historic old town with much to offer travellers, from inexpensive hotels, to a good selection of restaurants and a vibrant nightlife that attracts all and sundry to its borders.
Rimini's airport is known as Federico Fellini International Airport, but we'll simply call it 'Rimini Airport', as most folk do. The best way to see everything that the city has to offer is to hire a car from here, and when you book with DriveNow, you know you'll be getting an excellent deal.
Rimini is fairly unique among international airports in that all of its commercial flights are to and from destinations outside of Italy itself, with no domestic flights on offer. This means that the city welcomes visitors from all over Europe, giving Rimini a multicultural feel whenever you pay a visit. The drive from the airport to the city centre is only around 15 minutes north along SS16, and when you book with DriveNow, a car will be waiting for you as soon as you land.
In the Arrivals terminal, follow the signs to the car rental facilities - you'll see such well-known companies as Hertz, Europcar, SIXT, Budget and Avis waiting for you. With a booking confirmation from DriveNow, all you have to do is hand over your documentation, pick up the keys and away you go!
Why book your car hire in Rimini Airport through DriveNow?
- Price - We always search for the latest and cheapest available rental rate
- Trusted Suppliers - We only partner with world renowned brands that you are familiar with. Trusted rental partners.
- Booking Direct - Booking is made directly with the rental provider
- No Upfront payment - In most instances no deposit or credit card is required when booking. You simply pay when collecting your vehicle in Rimini
- Free Service - Our booking service is absolutely free with no fees or hidden charges
- Impartial Comparison - Objective and impartial comparison of rates and vehicles from top rental brands
- Experience - We’ve been helping travellers get the best deals on car hire since 2003
What to do in Rimini
Perhaps the most striking of all Rimini's numerous architectural feats is the Arch of Augustus, northern Italy's oldest-known triumphal arch. It was built in the year 27, so to see it still proudly standing today is nothing short of incredible. Want to visit something even older? The Ponte di Tiberio is a Roman bridge that predates the Arco d'Augusto (to give it its Italian name) by seven years. Its five arches span the Ariminus river to allow safe crossing.
Of course, perhaps the biggest draw to Rimini are its beaches - when in Rimini, do as the Riminians do and rent a lounge chair and umbrella, watching the world go by.
Don't hesitate to check DriveNow's latest prices for hiring a vehicle at Rimini airport today - you won't find any lower, and that's a guarantee!