The Italian island of Sicily has long fascinated travellers. With only two major centres - Palermo and Catania - the island is ripe with a mixture of Arabesque, Byzantine and Italian designs. As a hotbed of ancient history and located on the very edge of Europe, Palermo offers visitors traditional Italy with a twist. Called 'the crossroads of civilisation', Palermo serves up a heady mix of history, intrigue and mystery, its 1 million inhabitants an intoxicating clash of cultures, personalities and traits brought with them from all around the world.
With so much to see and do, you'll need a hire car to get about - and with DriveNow, you can acquire just that!
Perhaps the main thing to note about Palermo Airport is its sheer distance from the city itself - around 35 kilometres separate the two, demonstrating your need for a rental vehicle yet further. Even so, the drive is pleasant along the Mediterranean coast, and the airport is only moderately busy for such a major one - around 5 million passengers use it each year. Carriers at Palermo Airport fly out to destinations all around Europe, so it makes sense that there are superb car hire facilities on offer./p>
Head to the Arrivals Hall once you've passed through Customs to reach the car rental counters. You'll see such established names as Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, and SIXT, all of whom can be booked via DriveNow. In fact, you can select your vehicle of choice from the comfort of your favourite armchair, so you can relax on your flight, knowing that your vehicle will be waiting for you once you land. Once you have the keys, take the E90 from the airport, along the scenic route to Palermo itself.
Why use DriveNow to book car hire at Palermo Airport?
- Choice - Select from Italy’s widest choice of rental brands and vehicles
- Price - We always search for the latest and cheapest available rental rate
- Trusted Suppliers - Familiar and Trusted car rental brands
- Impartial Comparison - Compare rates and vehicles from all Italy’s top rental brands
- Free Service - Free booking service with no fees or hidden charges
- No Upfront payment - In most instances no deposit or credit card is required when booking. Pay on pick-up.
- Confirmation - Immediate email confirmation and locked in rental rate
- Booking Direct - Booking is made directly with the rental provider
- Simplicity - Quick and easy
- Experience - We’ve been helping travellers get the best deals on car hire since 2003
Things to do in Palermo
A country known for its love of opera, the Teatro Massimo is the nation's biggest opera house - its acoustics are renowned as some of the best in the world. Afterwards, head on over to the Palazzo dei Normanni - the Royal Palace. The Palatine Chapel on the ground floor is full of fascinating frescoes, many centuries in age.
A visit to Palermo is not complete until you try some of the local seafood. Caught locally and freshly cooked, Sicily is famous for its new-school eateries that bring classic Italian dishes to life. Imagine sitting at a restaurant with a plate of seafood and glass of wine overlooking the blue sea - it doesn't get much better than that.
If you would like more information about hiring a car at Palermo Airport, be sure to get in touch with the DriveNow team today!