Perched on Italy's southern coast and adjacent to the glistening waters of the Adriatic Sea, Bari is a sumptuous destination that enjoys glorious sunshine almost year-round. Like most Italian cities, Bari has a long, cultured history, but with a prominent university, it's more youth-orientated than many others. Even so, you'll still find intricate architecture throughout, a fine array of castles, and outstanding eateries, so it's well worth your time exploring Bari in full.
The easiest and most efficient way of doing this is to hire a vehicle from the city's international airport, and when you book with DriveNow, you can drive away minutes after your flight has landed - the process is ridiculously easy.
Bari Karol Wojtyla Airport
Bari Karol Wojtyla Airport, to give its full, official title, is named after the birth moniker of the late Pope John Paul II. It welcomes around 4 million passengers a year and is found around half an hour's drive from the city centre. First, though, you'll need a car, and there will be one waiting for you when you book with DriveNow.
In the arrivals area of the passenger terminal, you'll find such reputable car hire companies as Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, Alamo, Budget, SIXT and Europcar, and all you need to do is produce the documentation to pick up the keys. Once you're behind the wheel, take the SS73 all the way to the city centre - you can't miss it!
Why use DriveNow to book your car hire in Bari?
- Our partners - We partner with Italy’s top rental brands to maximise your choice
- Price - We always search for the latest and cheapest available rental rate
- Booking Direct - Booking is made directly with the rental provider
- No Upfront payment - In most instances no deposit or credit card is required when booking. Pay on pick-up.
- Confirmation - Immediate email confirmation and locked in rental rate
- Simplicity - Quick and easy
- Free Service - Who likes fees? 100% Free booking service
- Trust and Experience - DriveNow has been comparing rental pricing right around the world since 2003
- Impartial Comparison - Compare rates and vehicles from all Italy’s top rental brands
- Got a question? - Our Reservations team are there to help via phone, online chat and email
What to get up to in Bari
Perhaps the most iconic of all Bari's buildings is the Basilica di San Nicola. It was built in 1089 to hide stolen relics of St Nicholas of Myra, and today, St Nicholas' remains still lie in the crypt. Does the name 'St Nicholas' ring a bell? It should - he was the original Santa Claus, though we aren't sure if he had a great, big bushy beard and wore a red suit!
You should also be sure to pay a visit to Bari Vecchia, the old town of Bari. The narrow alleys and streets here are hundreds of years old, and there are several markets and independent shops to seek out a souvenir you won't find just anywhere. Round off your trip with a visit to the Castello Svevo, built way back in the 11th century. You can wander around this ancient structure just as people from many hundreds of years ago did - a fascinating experience.
Head on over to the DriveNow booking page to check out our latest Bari Airport car hire prices - you'll be amazed at what's on offer!