You can reach the DriveNow Reservations Team via email at [email protected] or on 1300 547 214 (within Australia) and +61 3 9095 7460. Alternatively if you would like to contact our Customer Care team they can be reached on [email protected].
|Head Office||Registered office||Melbourne||Sydney||Brisbane|
1415 Toorak Road
Phone: 1300 547 214
108 Power Street
189 Queen Street
Phone: 03 9095 7460
377 Kent Street
Phone: 02 8213 2727
|Suite 231, Level 1
241 Adelaide Street
Phone: 07 3117 0701
AU Toll Free: 1300 547 214 | UK Toll Free: 0800 047 0660 | NZ Toll Free: 0800 444 511 (Landlines only)
How to modify or cancel a booking
We understand your travel plans may change, so we at DriveNow do not charge any fees should you need to change or cancel your booking. However, in some instances the rental vehicle company may charge a fee which we would be obliged to pass on. The following policies currently apply:
- Car Rental - None of our Car suppliers charge a fee for booking changes or cancellations.
- Campervan Rental - Fees may be charged for booking changes and cancellations, but generally only once you have paid for your booking (i.e less than 6 weeks before you pick-up your vehicle). This is governed by our Terms and Conditions, however please refer to individual supplier's Terms and Conditions if you require more specific details.
How do I pay Road Tolls?
Check with your rental company when picking up your vehicle as to whether they provide Toll passes. Alternatively contact the Toll Company per the below.
Sydney has a number of Toll Roads operated by different companies. Some of these roads, the M2,M4, M5 and Eastern Distributor have cash booths whilst the others are electronic. A visitor'e E-Pass can be purchased from Roam Express www.roamexpress.com.au) on 13 76 26.You can also register for a pass online at the NSW RTA website (www.rta.nsw.gov.au), via phone on 13 18 65 or at any RTA Registry. Registration can either occur before or up to 48 hours after your trip.
When registering a hired car for an E-Toll pass ensure you advise the RTA of the rental company name and the expected start and end dates & times of your Toll trips. This is to eliminate any chance of you being charged by another renter using the vehicle on the same day.
Melbourne has two toll operators, CityLink and Eastlink and all toll are collected electronically. CityLink passes can be purchased by calling 13 26 29 or on www.citylink.com.au. Payment can be made up to 3 days after travel.
For EastLink travel, call 13 54 65 or visit www.eastlink.com.au.
For combined CityLink and EastLink travel, a Melbourne Pass can be purchased from CityLink.
Toll Roads in and around Brisbane are can be paid on the www.govia.com.au website or by calling 13 33 31.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any Booking fees?
DriveNow does not charge booking fees. All DriveNow prices come straight from the supplier with no added charges.
Are there any hidden charges in your rates?
DriveNow rates have NO hidden charges, the price shown is the Rental Cost including the Standard Liability.
However: This price does not include additional extras such as Child Seats, Driver Age Surcharge, GPS devices, Additional Driver Fee (if applicable), Toll charges Credit Card Surcharge, the security bond amount (if applicable), Windscreen damage, Upgrades and Liability reduction options. Also excluded are optional extra items you choose to add to your rental when picking up your vehicle.
Credit card surcharge and a security bond amount may apply, these amounts cannot be built into the rental cost as prices can vary between Airport, City, Regional or franchised owned locations.
You can view this information on the website at the bottom of the search results page in the ‘Supplier Information’ table summary, on the vehicle page by clicking on ‘+MORE – View Excess/Bond & Quote Details’ or in Step 2 on the booking page. If you have already made a booking, this information can be found on your confirmation email under the included and excluded charges area.
Please note: surcharges and taxes may apply to all optional extra car rental items. Surcharge amounts may vary between Airport, City or regional locations.
How old do I have to be to hire a car?
The driver must be at least 21 years of age, (in Australia Firefly do allow drivers aged 20 with some of their vehicles). Probationary licences are not accepted.
Most rates displayed are for drivers over 25 years of age. If you are under 25 years of age, please note that the rental company at the collection point may ask you:
- To pay a Young Driver's Age surcharge to complete the rental agreement
- Have your rental agreement denied and your booking cancelled (refer to the car rental supplier’s cancellation policy)
As Conditions may vary, refer to the applicable rental supplier’s terms and conditions in the country you are travelling in.
What type of licence do I need?
All drivers are required to hold a current, fully valid driver’s licence with no restrictions. Probationary licences are not accepted. Driver licences must be in English or supported by a certified translation or international driving permit. For non-English based driving licenses an International Driving permit is strongly recommended. Your valid licence must be presented at time of collection of vehicle along with the licenses of any additional drivers.
Driver licences must be in English or supported by a certified translation or international driving permit along with your licence. For non-English based driving licenses an International Driving permit is strongly recommended.
Conditions may vary, refer to the applicable supplier’s terms and conditions of the country you are travelling in.
Is Excess Insurance reduction optional?
Excess reduction is optional, it is not compulsory however, DriveNow recommend you consider adding this to your reservation when collecting your vehicle. Some travel insurance policies & Credit Card companies include car hire excess reduction options, check with your insurer or credit card provider.
Insurance information is available at the bottom of the search results page in the ‘Supplier Information’ summary or in Step 2 on the booking page. If you have already made a booking, this information can be found on your confirmation email under 'Included and Excluded Charges'. Please contact your rental location to confirm prior to pick-up.
Do l require a Credit Card to make a booking with DriveNow?
To book a rental car with DriveNow no credit card details are required with the exception of pre-paid rentals. A card will be required when making payment to the rental company on collection of your vehicle. Please refer to the supplier’s terms and conditions for further information.
When booking a Campervan, a credit card is required to secure a reservation. DriveNow accepts payment for campervans using Visa & MasterCard credit, Debit card, PayPal, Direct deposit and International bank transfer.
On the day of collection from the campervan branch, only a credit card in the drivers name will be accepted. Without a credit card, you will not be able to collect the vehicle.
Can l pay my Car Rental and Bond by Debit Card at Pick-Up?
- Avis will accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards in the customer’s name at most locations, excluding luxury or specialty vehicles. When using a debit card, you must have the funds available for the rental cost + the bond amount.
- Budgetwill accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards with the customer’s name on it at most locations, excluding luxury or specialty vehicles. When using a debit card, you must have the funds available for the rental cost + the bond amount.
- Europcar will accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards at most major locations, excluding luxury or specialty vehicles which require a credit card. Europcar accept a debit card for the bond amount.
- FireFly accept Credit cards only and do not accept Debit card payments and the bond amount cannot be paid by debit card at most locations
- Hertz will accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards at most locations, contact your rental location prior to your rental to confirm. Excludes luxury or specialty vehicles.
- Redspot will accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards at most locations. Excludes luxury or specialty cars.
- Thrifty will accept Visa or MasterCard emblem debit cards at most locations, contact your rental location prior to your rental to confirm. Thrifty accept a debit card for the bond amount which is frozen.
- Conditions may vary between Airport, City, franchise or regional locations, contact your rental location prior to your rental to confirm
- Some locations may require an additional bond amount upfront
- Local Renters - a $1,000 credit card bond authorisation may apply to local renters if pick-up is from an airport & does not have a boarding pass, lives locally within the greater metropolitan area of the city in which the airport is located
How do I Modify or Cancel my Reservation?
If you need to change, modify or cancel your reservation you can do so via the above, the link on your email confirmation, or email at [email protected]
If you need to do a change of dates, change of location or change of vehicle type, for this type of modification you will need to make a new booking. Simply go ahead and make a new reservation and then once done, cancel your original booking. When booking with DriveNow there are no cancellation fees, we like to give you the flexibility.
Can I request Additional Equipment on the booking page?
Yes - Submit requests for additional equipment in Step 2 of the booking process or include them in the comments section of the booking page.
- Child, Booster & Infant Seats – Select at the time of booking
- GPS - Select at the time of booking
- Excess Liability Reduction - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- Additional driver - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- Snow Cover Package - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- Picnic Table – Select at the time of booking
- Picnic Chair - Select at the time of booking
- Awning - Select at the time of booking
- Standard Liability, Liability Reduction or Inclusive Pack - Select at the time of booking
- Pre-Paid Gas Option – Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- Fan Heater - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- First Aid Kit - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- Toilet Empting Service - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
- MP3 Adaptor - Request to add this option at the branch pick-up location
Are Rental Vehicles allowed to Tow?
No - All of our suppliers do not permit towing with their vehicles.
Are Pets permitted in Rental vehicles?
No – Rental companies preclude pets being carried in their vehicles.
Do I need to book in advance?
It is strongly recommended that you book in advance where possible. During peak periods such as long weekends, Easter, Christmas and school holidays, vehicles sell out well in advance. Specialty vehicles such as People Movers & 4WD’s are the first car category to sell out, Campervans over Easter and Christmas should be booked at least 3 – 4 months prior to travel and rates are often lower when booking in advance.
Can the prices change overnight?
Yes - Pricing is LIVE and can change at any moment. DriveNow is a comparison web site and with LIVE pricing fed directly from our suppliers rates can change as soon as a vehicle is booked in a particular category. Therefore generally the earlier you book, the cheaper the rate.
What companies does DriveNow partner with?
Our Worldwide car suppliers include:
- Go Rentals
Our Campervan and Motorhome providers include:
- El Monte
- Go Cheap
- Let's Go Motorhomes
- Road Bear
Can I be guaranteed a particular vehicle?
No - Car rental providers will not guarantee that a particular make, model or colour will be available for a specific reservation. Car and Campervan Suppliers source vehicles for a category from a number of different vehicle manufacturers. The images, and layouts shown should be used as a guide only. Specific vehicle styles, layout configurations and interior design may vary to that shown. You will be booking a particular category rather than a vehicle model.
What does ‘or similar’ mean?
When choosing your car rental, each supplier will display a particular vehicle model and ‘or similar’. No rental provider can guarantee that a particular make, model or colour will be available for a specific reservation. Suppliers turn over their rental fleets on a regular basis and as vehicles move between branch locations, the car you pick-up may not be the exact make and model you selected at the time of booking. However it will be a similar size or alternatively you may be upgraded to the next category available.
I need to Rent an 8 seater People Mover?
This vehicle type is very popular for families and should be booked 3-4 months in advance during holiday periods to avoid the disappointment of missing out. For Christmas bookings should be made by October.
How many people can fit in a Campervan?
The number of berths represents the number of people the vehicle can legally carry.
For example: a 2 berth campervan, can only carry 2 people as there are only 2 seat belts in this vehicle. If it is a 6 berth vehicle, the maximum is 6 people as the vehicle is equipped with 6 seat belts. Small children are treated as adults in this regard and require their own seat belt.
Will I be charged for Tolls? How do I pay Tolls?
If you are travelling in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane then you may encounter a toll road. Check with your rental company when picking up your vehicle as to whether they provide Toll passes (many do) or whether you have to purchase a pass separately.
At check-in the supplier will provide you with the local information and the toll options to choose from.
Are there any Road Restrictions?
Rental companies do impose restrictions on vehicle usage and these include driving on maintained sealed roads with no off-road use. There are certain exceptions to this that your chosen rental company can advise upon when collecting your vehicle.
- Driving in the Snow - Driving above the snow line voids all insurance cover unless a Snow Cover package has been taken out with your chosen rental company
- 2WD Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. The exception is well maintained access roads of less than 2 kilometres to recognized campgrounds
- 4WD Campervans can be driven on recognised tracks, depending on road conditions, weather and distance. Confirm authorisation with your branch pick up location and seek information on the latest road conditions
- Should you wish to travel on an unsealed road that is greater than 12 kilometres in length to access a recognized campground special permission can be arranged pending road condition, weather and distance. Please discuss with your chosen rental company when collecting your vehicle
- Rental companies reserves the right to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions and the distance to nominate destinations in relation to the length of the hire period
Do you offer car and Campervan Relocations?
Yes - Rental companies for both cars and campervans frequently need to move and relocate vehicles around Australia and New Zealand. This can be due to seasonal changes or because demand for vehicles is greater in different cities due to festivals, sporting occasions or other events. Rather than pay for a driver to relocate a campervan, rental companies offer them to the travelling public at knock down prices producing the perfect win-win outcome. Today’s list of relocation vehicles can be viewed at: www.drivenow.com.au/onewayrentals.jspc
Can Rental Cars be taken on Ferries ?
Unfortunately rental companies do not allow their cars to be taken on the ferry, as the insurance cover becomes void.
If travelling to Kangaroo Island and accompanied with written permission from the rental company, Europcar, Hertz & Thrifty may allow travel on the ferry. Please note; Insurance cover is void whilst on the Kangaroo Island ferry and therefore the hirer is liable for any and all costs & liabilities incurred whilst on the ferry.
When travelling in New Zealand, car rental companies do not allow their cars to be taken on the ferry (with the exception of Go Rentals). Most rental companies have a locations in Wellington & Picton, so you will be able to collect a vehicle once you get off the ferry. For further information, visit our Inter-Islander Ferry service & car hire info page.
How do I obtain my rental invoice?
An initial copy of your rental invoice will be provided when collecting your vehicle by the rental company of your choice. This may not include all charges arising during the period of your rental. If required an invoice covering the entire rental period can be obtained from the rental provider’s website.
How do I know it's secure to book online?
Click here to view DriveNow's Security and Privacy policies.
What is your policy on matching rates?
DriveNow will match any genuine cheaper price from an Australian and New Zealand based business and website. Yes, that even includes our supplier's own websites! Not only that, we’ll beat it by 10%.Conditions apply. See the Lowest Price Guarantee page for more details.
Can l join your affiliate program?
Yes, we welcome all applications. Please refer to our affiliate Car & Campervan Rental Program page.