Hiring a car in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates
It is certainly hard to believe that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was a mostly dry, barren desert nation for much of its history. Ideally positioned between the East and West. the UAE borders three countries - Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Oman - in the heart of the Middle East. Additionally, thanks to the cooler breezes of the Gulf of Oman and Persian Gulf, the UAE is a proverbial desert paradise worth more than a quick shopping stopover between flights.
Of course, the UAE is well-known for its infrastructure. The main hubs of Dubai and Abu Dhabi are home to soaring skyscrapers, world-class shopping malls and stunning restaurants - all mixed with traditional Emirati culture. A great example of this is the Burj Khalifa, the tallest structure in the world, standing at an amazing 829.8 metres tall. With views far into every direction and a collection of shops, restaurants and hotel rooms - this building sums up the progress of the UAE in the most spectacular way possible.
Occupying an area of around 83,600 square kilometres (about the size of Scotland) , the best way to explore the vast landscape of the UAE is by road. Fortunately, this is where DriveNow can help. With established connections with all the major car rental providers we can ensure you have the right vehicle to match your UAE holiday requirements.
Why DriveNow works for car hire in Dubai. It's simple:
- Price - We can ensure that you have access to the lowest UAE car rental prices possible
- Simplicity - With the simple click of the mouse, you can easily navigate the DriveNow website, unlocking low UAE car rental prices
- Free service - Fee free zone! - There are no booking, agency or administration fees with DriveNow
- Trusted suppliers - With partnerships with the leading car rental providers, you know you can trust us
- Immediate booking confirmation lets you rest assured that your low rate is secured
- Drive-away prices include all taxes and levies - that means no hidden costs!
- Lowest price guarantee
- Trust and experience - We have helped tens of thousands of happy customers over the past 10 years - showcasing our dedication to cost-effective car rental
What kind of driving licence is required to rent a car in the UAE?
As a tourist to the UAE from outside the Gulf Cooperation Council nations, you will require an International License to rent a car.
How old must I be to hire a car in the UAE?
You will need to at least 21 years of age and hold a valid, full licence.
What's it like to drive in the UAE?
UAE locals have a passion for fast, expensive vehicles. While this is great visually, it is important to remain within local highway and road speed limits.
Additionally, roads outside the main centres of the UAE could still be under development so be wary of conditions as you explore the nation!
Car hire payment
When you arrive to pick up your car, you'll need to pay using a credit card.
Excess insurance options
To insure your rental car, you can take out a Collision Damage Waiver or seek out travel insurance that includes car hire coverage. As a cost-effective and safe option, this approach is strongly recommended to ensure maximum coverage.