Compare Car hire pricing in Switzerland
Get the best rate on your car hire in Switzerland with DriveNow
Switzerland is a beautiful country ripe with options for exploring. The nation has long been regarded as a haven of neutrality, and is associated with both wealth and a high quality of life. Zurich and Geneva are known for their cosmopolitan neighbourhoods, gorgeous urban landscapes, great food, chocolate, banks,
watches and other luxuries.
Meanwhile, rural Switzerland is like no other place on earth. Adventurers flock to towns like Interlaken, located in the heart of the Swiss Alps, for a springboard for their adventures into the mountains.
Whether you're here to enjoy breathtaking mountain scenery, treat yourself to the world's best chocolate, indulge in a spa vacation, or something in between, you can get there with an affordable car hire. DriveNow allows travellers to get the best rates by letting them compare the prices of the world's top rental companies.
So why hire a car in Switzerland through DriveNow?
- Price - Our quick and easy rate comparison allows you to view the rates charged by various rental companies side by side.
- Rates in Local Currency - all rates are on displayed in Swiss Francs so you know exactly what you will pay
- Free Service - Our service is completely complimentary! The only thing you pay for is your car hire itself.
- Trusted Suppliers - We only partner with the top rental car companies in the world. These include trusted and well-known brands such as Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT
- No Credit Card details are required to reserve your vehicle (with most suppliers).
- Immediate booking confirmation will be sent directly to you.
- Trust and Experience - DriveNow has been offering a valuable service to travellers since 2003. You can rely on our expertise to help you get the best rate.
How to get the best deal
When you're looking to hire a car in Switzerland, one of the most important things you can do is to make your reservation as early as possible. Switzerland is unique in that it has a few different peak seasons for travelling.
Those visiting for skiing and other snow adventures tend to do so between December and March. The summer is also quite popular with many people taking quintessential summer holidays to Europe.
Regardless of when you head to Switzerland, the best advise is to book your rental car early and as there is no deposit required or cancellation fees it's totally risk and commitment free.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Switzerland?
Though the legal driving age is 18, you need to be 20 years old to hire a car in Switzerland. You might also be charged extra fees if you're under the age of 25.
What kind of driving licence do I need?
You will be able to rent a car with a valid driving licence from your home country. If you'd like, you can opt to get an International Driving Permit (IDP) for your own peace of mind. These can be easily obtained through your automobile association.
Are there tolls or taxes on Swiss roads?
Yes. A road tax is imposed on national roads, which is often paid by the purchase of a vignette sticker. The charge for this is CHF 40.
What do I need to know about driving with children?
Children under the age of 12 and less than 150cm tall must be seated in a child restraint system.
Car hire payment
When you come to pick up your Switzerland car hire, be sure to have your credit card information ready!
Excess insurance options
If you'd like to insure your rental car in the event of an emergency, you have two options. You may take out a Collision Damage Waiver, or add rental car coverage to your travel insurance package.