Great deals on car hire in Singapore
For many Australians, Singapore represents an important stopover between Europe and home. However, this vibrant and culturally-diverse nation is more than a stopover - it is a destination. While Singapore is only 719.1 km2, the country's position as a modern Asian country with strong Western values means this small island packs a big tourism punch.
In a matter of hours after arriving at Changi Airport, it is possible to have travelled to each corner of Singapore - exploring the vast city infrastructure, lush jungle, coastal islands and everything in-between. As one of the richest countries in Asia, Singapore's transport systems are also some of the best across the region, allowing drivers to easily navigate both motorways and local roads alike. This means that all you need to explore this beautiful Asian nation is a rental car and this is where DriveNow can be of service.
At DriveNow, we take a simple and convenient approach to car rental. As such, if you are heading to Singapore for a steamy Southeast Asian holiday, we have well established partnerships with all the best-known names in the car rental industry in Singapore. This includes Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT. With the simple click of a mouse or a phone call, you can view accurate price comparisons and select the best vehicle to take on your Singapore adventure.
Why DriveNow, exactly? It's simple:
- Price - Our quick and easy rate comparison allows you to view pricing from Singapore’s top rental companies side by side
- Rates in local currency - all rates are displayed in Singapore dollars so you know exactly what you will pay
- Free service - Our service is completely complimentary! The only thing you pay for is your car hire itself
- Trusted suppliers - We only partner with best of breed rental car companies
- No credit card details - with most of our partners no credit card details are required when making your booking
- Immediate booking confirmation will be sent directly to you
- Trust and experience - DriveNow has been offering a valuable service to travellers since 2003. You can rely on our expertise to help you get the best rate everytime!
How to get the best Singaporean deal? …………….. Book early
As a result of Singapore's geographic location, the nation experiences high steamy temperatures and sudden thunderstorms throughout the year. However, the monsoon climate is less severe during the dry season around February and coupled with the Chinese New Year celebrations this is the super peak visiting period so booking early is critical.
However the secret to getting the best deal whatever time of year it is on car hire in Singapore or anywhere for that matter, is to book ahead and early as this will always secure you the best rate.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Singapore?
Drivers must be 23 years of age in order to hire a car in Singapore. It is important to note that the maximum age to rent a car is 74 years of age.
What kind of driving licence do I need?
For those with an international driving licence, this is sufficient to drive on Singapore roads for up to 12 months.
What's it like to drive in Singapore?
Singapore is a modern country with good road conditions on the whole. The country is home to an Electronic Road Pricing System which is present on a number of roads during peak hours. The pay-as-you-use system is simple to understand, or to avoid with other routes.
Car hire payment?
When you arrive to pick up your car, you'll need to pay using a credit card.
Excess insurance options?
To insure your rental car, you can take out a Collision Damage Waiver or seek out travel insurance that includes car hire coverage. This can help to ensure you are protected in the event of an accident.