Hiring a car in Norway
Compare rates and find the best price on car hire in Norway
Norway is a beautiful Scandinavian country simply waiting to be explored. If you
thought Norway was too far north to be penetrable, think again - touring this
country by car opens you up to breathtaking views and experiences all the way up
to the Arctic circle and beyond.
Norway's fjords - dramatic patches of ocean winding through glacier-made natural cliffs - are some of its most iconic images. The country's people are counted among some of the most friendly and laid-back in the world, and the country enjoys a notoriously high standard of living. To top it all off, bustling cities like Oslo, Trondheim, Bergen and Stavanger offer distinctive historical and urban appeal. The best way to see it all? By car.
If the opportunity arises don't miss the Atlantic Road, only 8kms long between Kristiansund and Molde, this stretch of road is designated a national tourist route because of the stunning architecture of the road and the bridges, and the incredible coastline it passes through.
So why should you book your Norway car hire through DriveNow? It's simple:
- Price - We offer the opportunity to secure competitive rates, as we give customers the tools to run a quick and easy price comparison.
- Simplicity - The process of finding and comparing car hire rates in Norway is made quick and easy with DriveNow.
- Free Service - We charge no booking, agency or admin fees when you hire your car through us.
- Trusted Suppliers - We only work with the most trusted suppliers in Europe, including Avis, Hertz, Europcar and SIXT.
- No Credit Card details will be required upon reserving your car rental (with most suppliers).
- Immediate booking confirmation. When you book through DriveNow, you'll know your vehicle is reserved.
- Drive-away prices include all taxes and levies. You won't be surprised by any hidden costs when you book through us.
- Lowest price guarantee.
- Trust and Experience - Our team has been helping travellers get cut-rate deals since 2003.
How to get the best deal on renting a car in Norway
So what's the key to getting an affordable rental when hiring a car in Norway? Booking early. Norway is a popular travel destination,
each year over 46 million tourists travelled through Norway's airports. You won't want to compete with those kinds of numbers when booking your car hire. Reserve your vehicle early to make sure you get the best rate.
What kind of driving licence is required to hire a car in Norway?
A valid driver's licence from your home country will suffice if you hail from an European or Central Asian (EC/ECA) country. If you live outside of this area, you may need to get an International Driver's Permit. Your home country's automobile association can grant these to
How old must I be to hire a car in Norway?
You must be at least 19 to hire a vehicle. However, some rental car companies may charge additional fees for drivers under 25.
It is compulsory to wear a seatbelt in Norway?
Yes. All children must be strapped in appropriate seating as well: Children under 135cm must be seated in a child restraint system.
Does Norway have a toll system in place?
Yes. Be prepared to pay tolls on a variety of motorways.
Are there any other driving laws I should be aware of?
Norway imposes severe penalties for drunk driving. The legal limit is 10mg of alcohol per 100mL of blood.
Car hire payment
Pick up your car hire by paying with your credit card. You will have to have your information ready in order to secure your vehicle.
Excess insurance options
It is highly recommended to have third-party insurance when driving on Norwegian roads. You can purchase vehicle coverage through your travel insurance, or you can take out a Damage Collision Waiver.