Car Hire in New Caledonia
New Caledonia: A Pacific paradise with major French flair. This special province of France combines elegance, culinary excellence and sophistication with all the beauty of the South Pacific. Travellers will undoubtedly want a rental car in New Caledonia to get around, as many destinations in the area are most easily accessed by vehicle.
The east coast of the main island is just one example of the many off-the-beaten-path locations you will be able to explore when you hire a car in New Caledonia. Take a jaunt away from the more well-travelled areas to experience ethnic Melanesian cuisine, native flora and fauna, and stunning scenery. Explore it all by renting a car in New Caledonia through DriveNow.
DriveNow allows you to compare rental rates from some of the top names in the industry. You can examine all of your options to ensure you get the best deal, freeing up your cash for a few extra croissants. Oui oui!
Why should you reserve your New Caledonia car hire through DriveNow?
- Price - Because you can compare rental rates among top agencies, you can be sure you're getting the best deal on your car hire.
- Simplicity - With DriveNow, checking rental rates is simple, quick and easy.
- Free Service - No booking, agency or admin fees.
- Trusted Suppliers - DriveNow works with some of the top rental car companies in the world, including Thrifty, Europcar and Avis.
- No Credit Card details are required to reserve your car (with most suppliers).
- Immediate booking confirmation locks in your rate and reserves your vehicle.
- Drive-away prices include all taxes and levies (minus extras and upgrades).
- Lowest price guarantee.
- Trust and Experience - DriveNow has been making car hire easy and convenient for more than 10 years.
How to get the best deal on car hire in New Caledonia
Booking early is essential for securing the lowest car rental rate available. The most desirable time to visit New Caledonia is from September to December, as the weather is neither too hot nor too cold, and chances of storms are minimal. If you're hoping to secure a car hire during these months, be sure to book as soon as possible!
What kind of licence do I need to drive in New Caledonia?
As long as you hold a valid driving licence in your home country, you should be able to hire a car and drive in New Caledonia.
What is it like to drive in New Caledonia?
When driving in New Caledonia, you must stay to the left-hand side of the road. Be aware that you may not be able to take your vehicle around to other islands. However, when staying on La Grade Terre (New Caledonia's main island), you should be able to drive around the area without any hassle. The entire body of land is just 400kms long and 50kms wide.
Car hire payment
With most of our rental partners no credit card information is required to reserve your vehicle. When you pick up your car hire, you can pay using your credit card.
Excess insurance options
Travellers can take out excess insurance, which involves paying a daily fee to cover your vehicle in the event of an accident. You may also want to explore your travel insurance options. Often, you can add car rental insurance to your package. Many times this is the more affordable option.
Other helpful driving tips
Most petrol stations close around 7 p.m. and remain closed until 6 a.m. In addition, many stations close between 12 and 3 p.m. Make sure to fill up you car before any major trips!