Compare Prices of Quality Car Hire in Finland with DriveNow
Find the best price on Car hire in Finland all under one roof with DriveNow.
Finland is an interesting Scandinavian country that boasts authentic culture, beautiful scenery and a welcoming atmosphere.
Thanks to its far north location, the country is proliferated with forests, lakes and rivers, making for a truly unique getaway location.
If you love the snow, you'll be right at home in Finland's northern locales. From Helsinki to Lapland, Finland's cities and towns hold the promise of adventure and discovery. The best way to make sure you can visit every location on your list is to hire a car in Finland.
Why rent a car in Finland though DriveNow?
- Price - Travellers can compare car rental rates side by side to ensure they are getting the best possible deal on their vehicle hire.
- Simplicity - Comparing rates is quick and easy with DriveNow.
- Free Service - You won't be charged any additional booking fees when you hire your car through us.
- Trusted Suppliers - Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT are some of our vehicle suppliers. These are some of the most trusted brands in the business, which means you won't have to worry about their reliability.
- No Credit Card details will be required upon making your reservation for car hire in Finland (with most suppliers).
- Immediate booking confirmation gives you peace of mind, knowing your reservation is secure.
- Drive-away prices are inclusive of all taxes and levies.
- Trust and Experience - We've been working with travellers to help them find affordable car hire for more than 10 years.
How can I get the best deal on Finland car hire?
As is the case with most travel reservations, the key to getting a great rate on Finland car hire is to book your reservation early. Doing so will ensure that you don't have to compete with other customers for the best vehicles and rates. Peak travel season in Finland runs from May to September, so if you're travelling here during the warmer months, it'll be particularly important that you organise your car hire before you travel.
What kind of driving licence is required to hire a car in Finland?
Drivers who hold valid licences in Nordic and EU countries can drive in Finland with their current licence. However, if you hail from outside this area, you'll need to apply for a provisional driving licence. These are valid for up to one year before it becomes necessary to apply for a Finnish licence.
How old must I be to hire a car in Finland?
You must be 18 years old to legally drive in Finland; however, to hire a car, you must be 20 years old. Additionally, some rental companies may charge an additional fee for drivers under 25.
What are the driving safety laws in Finland?
Finland takes drivers' safety very seriously. It is compulsory for every person in a vehicle to be strapped in with a seat belt, and children must be seated in a child restraint system.
Additionally, it is mandatory to keep your headlights on for the duration of your time driving. Even during daylight hours, you must have your headlights turned on.
You must also refrain from using your mobile phone while driving, unless you have a hands-free device.
What are the speed limits on Finnish roads?
In most urban areas, the speed limit is 50km/h. On highways and state roads, that limit is generally increased to 80km/h. Check for signage, especially when driving on urban roads - in some residential neighbourhoods the speed limit is decreased to 20km/h.
Excess insurance options
You should obtain coverage for your rental car in the event of an accident. You can purchase a Collision Damage Waiver or add vehicle coverage to your travel insurance package.