Compare Car Hire prices in Austria
From beautiful Vienna to the breathtaking European Alps, the landscape of Austria simply begs to be explored. The country's numerous cities - Salzburg, Vienna, Graz, Innsbruck and Linz, to name a few - are ripe with history, culture and stunning architecture. But of course, Austria isn't known for its urbanity: It is the country's gorgeous rural vitas, which call to mind a twirling Julie Andrews a la "The Sound of Music," that is really synonymous with Austria . Hiring a car in Austria will be the easiest way to get up into those lively hills.
DriveNow makes renting a car in Austria easy and convenient. We give travellers the ability to compare rental prices from the top names in the industry, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and SIXT.
So why choose DriveNow?
- Price - DriveNow checks with Austria's leading dealers to find the lowest car rental rates
- Simplicity - It's quick and easy
- Free Service - You won't have to pay any booking, agency, cancellation or admin fees
- Trusted Suppliers - We only work with the most trusted suppliers in Europe, so you are assured of safe vehicles and great service at your fingertips
- No Credit Card details are required (with most suppliers) to reserve your car hire - just have your card ready when you pick up your vehicle
- Immediate booking confirmation lets you know that your car has been reserved and is at your disposal
- Drive-away prices include all taxes and levies with the exception of young driver fees and extras you opt to select at pick-up
- Trust and Experience - For more than 10 years, DriveNow has been getting travellers the biggest bang for their buck.
The key to getting the best deal on Austria car hire
It's no big secret that in order to secure a great rate on car hire, you need to book early. Peak travel times in Europe tend to occur during the summer - this is especially true in Austria, as visitors often flock to its pristine lakes and gorgeous scenery between June and August. Book as soon as possible to ensure you get the cheapest rate. There's no upfront cost and no cancellation charge.
How old must I be to rent a car in Austria?
You must be at least 18 years of age to hire a car in Austria. However, some companies will charge additional fees for drivers under the age of 25.
What kind of licence do I need to drive in Austria?
In order to legally drive in Austria, you should obtain an International Driving Permit. You can get one of these through your home country's automobile association.
Do I need to pay tolls when driving in Austria?
You'll need to purchase a Vignette sticker in order to drive on all major Austrian roads, including the autobahn. Tolls are cashless, so the only way to pay is to purchase this sticker. You can buy a Vignette at petrol stations, automobile associations, border crossings and post offices.
What is it like to drive in Austria?
Austrian roads are extremely well-maintained, which means that construction is often present. Drivers will also want to take caution when driving in Austria during the winter months, especially in Alpine regions.
Automatic or manual transmission?
In most European countries, it will be difficult to secure an automatic transmission vehicle.
Car hire payment
You can pay for your car hire using credit card upon arriving to pick up your vehicle.
Excess insurance options
Insure your car hire with a Collision Damage Waiver (rental car insurance) or seek out travel insurance that covers rental car accidents.