Hire a 4 Wheel Drive in Melbourne
Save on Melbourne 4wd hire through DriveNow, where you get to compare the lowest rental prices from Australia's most trusted rental companies for free!
Melbourne is the type of city that doesn’t always call for the use of a car. There are plenty of people who live in the capital of Victoria that don’t even own one, instead choosing to rely on public transportation or their own two feet to get them around. Even those that do own cars sometimes leave them in their garage or parking space most of the week.
But sometimes life calls for some wheels. Periodically, it calls for vehicles that can handle long stretches of hilly or otherwise trying terrain. DriveNow can help you when the time comes to hire a 4wd in Melbourne.
Unlike the streets surrounding the MCG on the day of the Grand Final, our amazing listings are easy to navigate and can help you accomplish your task of finding cheap 4x4 hire quickly. We help you compare options and prices from some of the most trusted 4wd hire brands, including Avis, Hertz, Budget, Europcar and Dollar whose inventory includes 4 wheel drive rentals such as Mitsubishi’s Pajero, the Prado from Toyota and Hyundai’s Sante Fe. We have been helping the people of Melbourne rent 4wds since 2003 and are constantly using what we’ve learned in that time to put together the best possible experience for renters.
A cheap 4 wheel drive hire opens up a world of new possibilities for you and provides easy access to a larger, more powerful vehicle whenever you need. Treating your kids to a day at the beach is easy with an SUV or other 4 wheel drive vehicle. Just rent a 4x4, pile the kids and all your beach gear into it and take the M1 south out of town. A few merges and a couple hours later you’ll be in Cowes, enjoying a bit of the coastal life. If you want like the great outdoors but don’t fancy the sand, Rayner’s Orchard sits just an hour east of the Melbourne CBD and is a perfect day trip destination. Alternatively, grab some mates and head west to the scenic Macedon Ranges, just an hour outside the CBD. Have a picnic at scenic Hanging Rock before heading home.
Even if you’re not leaving the city limits, it might be in your best interest to hire an SUV or other 4wd. Get some mates together and travel in style for a night out. Or hire a bigger unit to pick up some furniture or home repair materials if you don’t want to rent a moving truck. A large 4x4 vehicle can handle the load in style.
So why use DriveNow for 4wd hire in Melbourne?
- Trusted Melbourne suppliers - We only partner with brands you know and trust
- Free service - Free booking service with no fees or charges
- 100% Australian owned & operated - Local Australian based and staffed website
- Price comparison - Impartial and instant rate comparison so you can see how each rental brand stacks up
- Don’t pay when you book - In most instances Pay when you collect the vehicle, not when you book
- Drive-away rates - Include all taxes and levies (excluding young driver surcharge)
- Experience - Comparing car rental pricing since 2003
- Local Knowledge - We’re local and Australian – our Reservations team are Melbourne based – we focus on delivering the best possible customer service and do not believe in cutting corners and offshoring any of our services to save money